It is very easy to access an iPod classic as turning off an iPod classic is just like making it go into deep and sound sleep. There are no power-draining background apps active in an iPod classic, therefore, sleep mode is an effective way to shut down the iPod and save power. Even it is safe to use it like this on airplanes when it is asked to switch off all the devices, and turning on iPod classic requires no effort. Although you can turn off your iPod nano and iPod classic in the same way but first, let’s see the process of turning it on.
How to turn on an iPod Classic?
- Press any button on the iPod wheel, wait for a second and you’ll be able to hear the spinning sound of the hard drive.
- If it still doesn’t turn on, it might have showed the sign of low battery before you turned it off, so, charge your iPod Classic first and then try to turn it on again.
- iPod classic requires more battery power to turn it on compared to wake it up from sleep mode.
- Moreover, it is advised to plug in the iPod classic while starting it. This helps to prevent the drainage of power.
Now, Let’s see how to turn off an iPod Classic-
Step 1- Unlock your iPod, if you want full access of the controls, slide the switch at the top of your iPod.
Step-2. There is a play/pause button at the bottom of the wheel, press it.
Step-3 Continue pressing the play/pause button until the screen is shut down.
Some things to keep in mind while shutting it off-
- Press the play/pause button for roughly about 10 seconds.
- Wait for the screen to turn off, don’t touch any buttons meanwhile or the iPod will turn on.
- Don’t turn it back on immediately, if you are having technical problems, wait for a few minutes before turning it on again. Allow the hard drive to slightly cool down. This will improve the functioning of the iPod.
Click here to see top 10 music apps for ipads and iphones.